A blog about my nerdy stuff. 0x3a29

Thursday, August 6, 2009

First!

Hi... so this is my first post. I'll write about things I like, which are mainly programming and linguistics. This post will be like my traversing of the Bridge of Death.

An old man appears...
- You shall answer me three questions before you may pass! What's "alpha rho sigma"?
These are my initials if you write them using their Greek equivalents.

- What is 0x3a29?
It's a number, d'oh! Actually, it's the ASCII code to ":)".

- Why starting this blog?
I already have a blog, but it's in Portuguese. There are some problems with it, though: my more technical posts aren't read, and lots of my posts are only read in certain months (when people are "doing" their homework about the subject). Besides, I'm not part of the public of my blog; I believe that almost all programmers look for help in English when they need something more specific, myself included, so I saw no reason on writing advanced topics in Portuguese.

Another reason is that recently I created an account in Identi.ca and in Twitter and I need somewhere to write longer texts. Feel free to follow me, though I suggest you to use Identi.ca instead of Twitter.

1 comment: